home recipe index outside the kitchen links about contact

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Whole Wheat Waffles

I don't really know Kayla, but we've been blogging friends for a good three years now. Through blog hopping I stumbled across her blog when she was wallowing in the depths of morning sickness. And I'm going to be honest here - if pregnancy makes you so sick that you plead for the sweet release of death then I immediately like you (unfortunately the opposite is kind of true, if you actually like being pregnant...it kind of makes me mad at you. Hey, I'm not perfect.) Anyway, I became a fan of her blog because she is just so darn funny and even now that she blogs mostly about fashion (something that I don't really care about, I know surprise surprise!), I still find her posts so fun, plus she's an amazing cook and I like to steal her recipes (when they aren't too hard :). So she posted this yummy recipe the other day, and since I have a newly acquired waffle maker (thanks to an addiction to these) I gave it a go. We loved these waffles! Oh and also Kayla designed LemonGlaze. Pretty amazing right? I'm telling you, her talent knows no bounds!

Whole Wheat Waffles

by: frecklesinapril.blogspot.com

1 1/2 cups white wheat flour (I used red wheat flour-- still really good!)
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons honey (I used agave with good results!)
1 large egg
1 1/2 cup milk
3/4 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup melted butter or coconut oil (mmm I used butter, but can only imagine how awesome coconut oil would be)
optional: 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon

Mix wet and dry ingredients separately then mix together until just combined. Cook on waffle maker.

1 comment:

  1. Some syrups have nice big chunks of fruit infused in them such as apple cinnamon and wild blueberry. Some common flavors are maple, vanilla, apple-cinnamon, wild blueberry, red raspberry, strawberry, apricot, cinnamon pear, and chocolate. Pour over pancakes, crepes or waffles.

    Waffle Glaze

    ReplyDelete

Comments = love