home recipe index outside the kitchen links about contact

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Linguine with Clam Sauce


This is one of those meals that comes together in under 15 minutes and I usually have all of the ingredients on hand. I just pick up two cans of clams whenever I think about it and I am good to go. There are few meals that are super easy and fast to prepare that I actually love, this is one of them. Seriously, easy, delicious, perfect. Plus I just loved the story that Annie shared when she shared this recipe. It's part of why I love blogging so much, knowing that if anything ever happens to me my kids will always be able to read my old blogs and feel like they still have a piece of me (maybe I should start writing more about the sweet things they do and not just the naughty things...hmmm...). Anyway, enjoy this simple tasty meal!

Linguine with Clam Sauce


by: Annie's Eats

12 oz linguine (I use spaghetti more often than not)
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
2 (6.5 oz) cans minced clams, juices reserved
1/2 cup heavy cream (or half-and-half, or even whatever type of milk you have on hand)
salt and pepper
grated Parmesan, for serving

Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Cook pasta according to the package directions until al dente. Drain well.

Meanwhile, in a large skillet or saucepan, heat the olive oil and butter over medium-high heat until the butter is completely melted. Add the garlic to the pan and sauté until golden and fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the reserved clam juice to the pan, bring to a simmer, and reduce by about half. With the heat on medium-low, stir in the clams and the heavy cream. Season the sauce to taste with salt and pepper.

Portion the pasta into warmed serving bowls. Spoon some of the sauce over the pasta and top with grated Parmesan, if desired. Serve immediately.

Notes: I am the kind of person who usually uses half and half when things call for cream, or often will use 2% milk even. I just so happened to have cream on hand when I made this last. Mercy. But, it's still good with whatever you use...it was just extra good with actual cream. Heaven knows I wouldn't want to like....actually lose weight or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments = love