home recipe index outside the kitchen links about contact

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Feta Stuffed Turkey Burgers

Turkey Burgers...ewww....right? WRONG! These are fantastic! Then again you could stuff a cardboard box with feta and pinenuts and I would probably love it :). A friend who moved today called me up to see if I wanted to raid her fridge for food (I am usually on the other side of that phone call). I gladly obliged and came home with three pounds of ground turkey that she strongly recommended I use that day. Well...I did use them....two days later and we haven't keeled over yet, victory! An extra special victory since the Greek Yogurt I had on hand expired on MAY 2nd (relax, it wasn't opened yet, and yogurt stays good indefinitely as long as you don't open it, right?). This whole rambling probably isn't making you very hungry, is it? Sorry about that. These are a really good burger!

Feta Stuffed Turkey Burgers


adapted from allrecipes.com

1 pound ground turkey
1 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted and sliced (or you can use black olives, or you can omit)
1/8 cup pine nuts
2 teaspoons dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
ground black pepper to taste
1/8-1/4 cup vegetable or chicken broth (I used water this time, last time I used olive juice from the can of olives...)

Preheat the grill for medium high heat (or plug in your George Foreman, holla!). In a large bowl combine turkey, feta, olives, pine nuts, oregano, garlic, pepper, and liquid of choice. Mix together and form in to patties. Lightly oil the grate, place patties on the grill and cook 10-12 minutes, turning halfway through. Top with tzitki, or Greek yogurt, or sour cream. You could serve these on a pita, on a bun, or just plain like us : )

2 comments:

  1. These look sooooo good! I'll be featuring them on my blog tomorrow!

    http://sumossweetstuff.blogspot.com

    Sumo:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These were great! One of our party who will remain nameless suggested that next time I leave out the olives.

    ReplyDelete

Comments = love