home recipe index outside the kitchen links about contact

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

The Best Salsa Ever - for real this time


Okay so... I pride myself on making a good salsa, but our friend Easton came over the other day and had a salsa that knocked all of our socks off! So for fear of losing her recipe I want to post it here. I have already made it since she brought it a week ago and mine didn't turn out quite as good as hers but it was still the best I've ever made :)


Perfect Salsa

1 large can of diced tomatoes - drained
5-7 tomatillos depending on the size (5 large, 6-7 small)- peeled and quartered
1-2 bunches of cilantro, depending on how much you like the taste - rinsed and with the stems cut off
1-2 cloves of garlic, depending on how garlicky you want it
1/4 onion
1 jalapeƱo - I always rinse mine off first so that I can actually touch it without getting the oil on my hands, then I cut it in half lengthwise and cut out the veins and seeds and just add the fruit... then if I want it spicier I just add seeds
1 lime - juiced, and I usually cut off some of the fruit and add that in too
Cumin - to taste, I usually just shake the bottle until my arm hurts (how is that for precise?!)
Salt and pepper to taste

Just throw everything in and blend! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments = love