home recipe index outside the kitchen links about contact

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Raspberry Salad Dressing (aka The Best Salad Dressing in the World)

I was scrambling to assemble dinner for Blaine's family on Sunday and my heart about stopped when I couldn't find my most treasured recipe card - the one for Katie's Salad Dressing.

See, I used to make salad with this dressing all the time, but there is something about pregnancy that makes lettuce and spinach seem very, very vile. So it has been a while and I no longer had the recipe memorized. I was terrified about not having the card and I couldn't  believe the recipe could not be found on either of my recipe blogs. Sad indeed. Luckily I found the card and am now posting to prevent a future culinary crisis!


Katie's Raspberry Salad Dressing

2 T red wine vinegar
2 T honey or agave
1/2 C olive oil
1/2 t dry mustard
1/2 t salt
1 C strawberry or raspberry jam (do yourself a favor and use raspberry)

Mix it all together....like in a blender or with a whisk.



So this salad dressing is great on baby greens or a spinach salad. I like to top the greens with any combination of the following: avocado, feta, pecans (candied or toasted), red onion, apples, raspberries, strawberries, you get the idea.  . . (apple/avocado/feta/pecans is a personal favorite combo).


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments = love