home recipe index outside the kitchen links about contact

Monday, September 24, 2012

Coconut Ice Cream

It was B's birthday yesterday and in honor of the occasion I made my absolute favorite thing: homemade ice cream. One day I sidebusted a facebook conversation between Ralphie and Kinsey and procured this recipe, and my life will never be the same.


Coconut Ice Cream

By: Allrecipes.com via Kinsey, a cute YW from my Texas ward

1 c milk
1 14oz can cream of coconut (I'll save you an hour of your life by telling you to look by the Margarita Mix, and note that it is a different product than coconut milk - which is by the Asian foods. Both products will change your life for the better though).
1 1/2 c heavy cream

Now here's the tricky part: Mix all ingredients together. Put them in the fridge for a spell (10 minutes to a couple of hours, whatever), then put them in your ice cream maker. Ground breaking right?

Thank me later.

Do you like how I gracefully ignored the fact that I've been all MIA for the last six months. Me too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments = love